Abram Interstate Insurance Services, Inc., CMGA

Helping Independent Insurance Agents Since 1996

Most Common Commercial Lines Insurance

Published on February 20, 2013

When you own a business you want to be sure that it is insured. This is because you don’t want anything to happen to it and you want to be sure that you can start over again if something does. Think about it this way, if you build up your company from absolutely nothing and then it burns to the ground, what are you going to do? Can you afford to rebuild your entire building and buy everything in it all over again? Most people can’t. That’s why you get commercial lines of insurance. This insurance covers you for damages that you incur from things like break-ins or fires.

There are many different companies that sell these commercial lines of insurance because they know that they can make a lot of money this way. But how will you know which one you should get? Well the first thing you’ll need to think about is what type of coverage you’re really going to need. There are many different kinds after all. You can use this insurance as your basic insurance, which covers damage as mentioned above. But you can also get commercial insurance, which covers your liability for accidents on your property or workers compensation if your employees get hurt. The most common types that most companies choose are auto insurance, property, liability, marine and workers comp.

The important thing is to speak with a commercial lines insurance agent. These attorneys will help you to determine what works best for your company. They’ll be able to look at what you do and what type of risks you have and then decide whether you should have certain types of coverage for your business. Make sure the commercial lines insurance agent  that you hire knows what they are doing because they can either get you an excellent policy or they could advise you into one that isn’t good for you. The commercial lines insurance agent you choose can also help you to draft and fill out forms for your insurance policy as well.